Revamped Genesis GV80 and first coupe sibling unveiled
简介Hyundai Motor Group on Tuesday unveiled the updates to its high-end brand Genesis’ sport utility veh ...
Hyundai Motor Group on Tuesday unveiled the updates to its high-end brand Genesis’ sport utility vehicles, the GV80 and GV80 Coupe, in Korea.
“Our latest design masterpieces -- the new GV80 and GV80 coupe -- will play a key role in further establishing Genesis as a truly original Korean luxury brand,” said Graeme Russell, Genesis chief brand officer, during a press conference in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province.
“Building upon our foundation here in Korea, our global momentum is growing stronger. In only eight years, we have launched a complete lineup of sedans and SUVs and established a presence in 17 markets around the world, with nearly 60 Genesis experience spaces across all regions,” he added.
The brand’s first flagship SUV GV80 has been given a facelift after three years and nine months, with upgrades to its design and convenience features, according to Ahn Se-jin, director of the Genesis Project 2.
The car’s double-meshed radiator grille, which was added to the Genesis’ signature crest grille, boasts a more elegant image compared to the previous model. The headlamp adopted a cutting-edge Micro Lens Array technology, which was used in the G90 sedan.
Presenting simplicity in the driver’s seat, the car has a 27-inch OLED wide display that combines the cluster and dashboard for the first time. Instead of using physical buttons, the models' Audio, Video, Navigation or AVN keyboard and controller panel both adopted touchscreen controls.
In response to customer feedback, the GV80 allows for separate air conditioning controls for the first, second and third rows. It also reduces road noise during driving by using 22-inch sound absorbing tires.
South Korean stocks gained more than 1 percent Friday, led by the strong performance of big-cap tech ...
Speculation is growing over how the reshuffle of President Yoon Suk Yeol's Cabinet will play ou ...
YG Entertainment’s new girl group Babymonster debuted on Monday with the release of its digital sing ...
- LIG Nex1 acquires majority stake in Ghost Robotics
- YG’s new girl group Babymonster debuts with single 'Batter Up'
- Female Nexon employee berates 'misandrist gesture' in MapleStory video
- 류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
- [Today’s K
- KIPO chief strengthens IP alliances with Middle Eastern counterparts
Antenna concert series mixes music, art and cocktails
'12.12: The Day’ attracts 1.8m moviegoers in five days since opening
[Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
[Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
SK Group creates carbon credit alliance
'Batter Up': YG rookie Babymonster to debut as six
- Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- S. Korea, AIIB discuss stronger partnership, new investment chances
- [Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
- Gangnam teen investigated for assaulting deliveryman with golf club
- Posco to start search for new chief
- 김용민 “尹, 총선 승리하면 계엄 선포할 것…저지선 확보해야”
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea to step up quarantine efforts against animal diseases
- Uzbekistan, Korea boost customs cooperation
- [Herald Interview] Kim Jee
- Over half of Koreans want continuous strengthening of alliance with US: poll
- Rebellions' AI chip to undergo IBM quality testing
- SKC to build bioplastics plant in Vietnam
- Yoon's approval rating edges up after 6
- NK slams Yoon's warning against Pyongyang
- Unification minister to visit Britain, Germany
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- LG chief convenes CEO meeting to review growth strategy
- Jakarta lights up in pink with SMTown Live 2023
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘Korea should support Korean history studies, research abroad’
- Kakao completes its first own data center
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Koreanists on verge of extinction overseas
- SK Earthon starts first independent oil production in South China Sea
- [Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
- [Feature] The rise and fall of terrestrial TV dramas
- [Herald Interview] Song Joong
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN