S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
简介South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed ...
South Korean battery makers' combined research and development investment this year has climbed over 12 percent on-year despite a slowdown in global demand for electrified vehicles, industry data showed Sunday.
According to latest quarterly reports of LG Energy Solution Ltd., Samsung SDI Co. and SK On Co., their combined R&D investment during the January-September period amounted to 1.78 trillion won ($1.38 billion), up 12.5 percent from 1.58 trillion won for the same period of last year.
Of the three companies, Samsung SDI was the biggest R&D investor, with cumulative expenses up 6.7 percent to 836.4 billion won during the first nine months of 2023.
LG Energy Solution spent 730 billion won on R&D this year, marking a 15.2 percent increase compared to the same period last year. SK On's spending jumped 29.6 percent on-year to 220.7 billion won.
Local battery companies are focusing on strengthening R&D efforts, with a particular emphasis on developing high-capacity, high-safety and long-lasting batteries, as well as enhancing the development of price-competitive lithium iron phosphate and cobalt-free batteries. (Yonhap)
Cheorwon, one of the coldest counties in Korea located in Gangwon Province, on Thursday announced th ...
Samsung Group Chairman Lee Jae-yong and SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won are set to travel to the Neth ...
North Korea has increased activities in the truce village of Panmunjom after effectively scrapping a ...
- Court win for 'comfort women' upheld as Japan declines appeal
- Filming set for season 2 of 'Squid Game' unveiled to press
- Hanwha Aerospace lands W3.2tr tank supply deal with Australia
- Secret life of pets? Increase in fires caused by pets left home alone
- '삐뽀삐뽀 119' 하정훈도 국힘 간다…이수정 등 5명 합류 확정
- New Mercedes
NK activity increases at Panmunjom after inter
SK carries out complete reshuffle of top brass
Secret life of pets? Increase in fires caused by pets left home alone
北, 개성공단 30개 시설 무단 가동…통일부 "분명히 책임 묻겠다"
1,000 retired couples receive W3m in combined pension
In revote, National Assembly strikes down controversial media bills
- 'Frasier' returns to TV but you don't need to be a superfan of the original to laugh at its jokes
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- Unauthorized AI
- RCO to come to Seoul with maestro Fabio Luisi and pianist Yefim Bronfman
- N. Korea diversifying cybercrimes amid drop in value of cryptocurrency: report
- [Weekender] Pop
- Japan returns favor again by flying 15 Korean nationals out of Israel
- S. Korea to set up task force to put rising prices under control
- Actor Lee Sun
- Naver CEO satisfied with 'better
- Bedbug fear spreads across Seoul
- Over 84% of cattle got vaccines against lumpy skin disease
- 5 S. Koreans from Gaza arrived in Egypt via Rafah border: ministry
- [New in Korean] Millionaire dog sponsors human artist in Yun Ko
- S. Korea thanks countries near Gaza for assisting in evacuation of S. Korean family
- [Today’s K
- Man wins W1.4b, putting to bed legal battle surrounding wife’s death
- Hyundai, Kia report robust EV US sales, shrug off impact of IRA
- More mosquitoes in Seoul this fall: report
- [New in Korean] 'The path to happiness is forgiveness,' says Korea's first million
- Samsung files complaint in US against BOE for allegedly leaking trade secrets
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland