Govt. working to restore administrative network after major disruption
简介The government was working to fix the administrative network that suffered a system failure, officia ...
The government was working to fix the administrative network that suffered a system failure, officials said Sunday, two days after the breakdown caused disruptions to public access to government-approved papers.
More than 100 government officials and private technicians were working to restore the servers and network systems at the National Information Resources Service in Daejeon, 139 kilometers south of Seoul, the interior ministry said.
They have replaced some of the network equipment believed to have caused the system breakdown and conducted several tests at local community centers to see if the on-site issuance of the documents was working as normal.
No problems were found in the tests, but officials said they are working to normalize the system considering the network traffic will sharply increase after the weekend, they said.
Officials said they aim to have the system back to normal by Monday.
The Saeol administrative network, a system used by public workers to access government-approved documents, such as birth certificates and resident registration papers, has been down since Friday due to an apparent error in the authentication process.
The system failure paralyzed both offline and online issuances of the civil documents, with the suspension of the widely used online portal, Government 24, causing massive delays in and disruptions to public access across the country.
The Government 24 portal was temporarily restored on Saturday and is currently accessible both on the web and mobile.
IT experts dispatched to the NIRS are trying to determine the exact cause of the system failure, officials said. A possible error from a recent system upgrade has been cited as a likely reason for the system failure. (Yonhap)
A South Korean man in his 30s was fined 2 million won ($1,500) for throwing a pomeranian out of the ...
The seventh iteration of the Busan Webtoon Festival is set to kick off Thursday for a four-day run a ...
17일 라진항을 촬영한 위성사진. 북한 전용 부두에서 약 90m 길이로 놓인 컨테이너 더미(아래 원 안)가 포착된 가운데 중국 전용 부두에서도 컨테이너 더미(위)가 보인다. 사진 ...
'The Glory' notches two accolades at AACA including best drama series award
Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
Citibank named top international bank of 2023 in Korea
[사진] 빈 살만 운전 자청, 윤 대통령 동행
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- Ruling party to appoint innovation committee members
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- Seventeen 1st K
- 카타르 국왕, 내년 방한 수락…“중동 107조 운동장 열려”
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- Hyundai Mobis Q3 net jumps 78% on sales growth of key components
- Argentinian politician's old tweet mocking BTS angers fans
- KGC wins minister's award for IP management
- 안철수 “이준석 신당 성공 가능성 낮아…3가지 갖추지 못해“
- Yoon nominates former boss to head broadcasting watchdog
- [KH Explains] Banks, regulators trade blame for snowballing ELS losses
- Succession scheme taking shape at Lotte
- G7 leaders strongly condemn N. Korea's satellite launch, arms transfers to Russia
- Berlin Philharmonic's 'Unsuk Chin Edition': Unthinkable becomes reality
- Auditor says Moon govt distorted 2020 death of fisheries official
- Investigators, not teachers, to handle school violence from next year
- Seoul high court sides with iPhone owners against Apple over ‘batterygate’
- Moon officials tried to cover up North Korea’s murder of South Korean: state inspectors
- Posco Future M to supply battery materials for LG
- Half of young people struggling financially: Seoul
- LG H&H sales up 294% in half year on Japan's Qoo10
- GC Biopharma breaks ground for Indonesia’s first blood products plant
- Things look bright for ‘Past Lives’ Oscars prospects
- Samsung SDI renews push for all
- Seoul shares edge down amid US slowdown woes; won sharply down
- [KH Explains] China ups OLED ante to take over Korean shares
- S. Korea, US, Japan to discuss regional security issues: White House
- Four Korean drama series nominated for Critics Choice Awards