Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
简介Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earn ...
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
지난 2일부터 이틀간 일부 지지자들은 경기 양평군에 위치한 한 펜션에서 안희정 전 충남도지사와 만남을 가졌다. 정중앙 안 전 지사. 사진 페이스북 그룹 '38선까지 안희정!' 캡처 ...
South Korean telecommunications giant KT Corp. announced Wednesday that it has secured a partnership ...
South Korea’s top battery maker LG Energy Solution said Wednesday it is partnering with financial se ...
- USAID official urges boosted development cooperation among S. Korea, US, Japan as 'like
- 홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
- Epitaph plaque for wife of first Korean diplomatic minister in US returns to Korea
- Yoon doubles down on cutting national debt in 2024 budget speech
- ART Fin runs holiday
- Asiana Airlines delays decision on cargo business sell
USAID official urges boosted development cooperation among S. Korea, US, Japan as 'like
ArtToken, KAIST sign MOU to cooperate in art, technology fields
홍준표 "서울 메가시티, 시대 역행…尹정책과도 안맞아"
‘홍범도·양평고속도로’ 야당 쓴소리에 윤 대통령 주로 경청
Ateez lands on UK chart with 2nd LP, to go on world tour
[Herald Review] ‘Zzz’ lulls audience to sleep through onstage performance
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- Oman celebrates 53rd National Day, calls Korea reliable ally
- Jungkook holds live stage event for fans
- Seoul shares end up on tech gains ahead of Nvidia results
- [Today’s K
- Democratic Party banners targeting young voters stir controversy
- 6·25 따발총, 구식 불새
- [Herald Interview] VIXX highlights group’s continuity in 5th EP ‘Continuum’
- Prosecutors seek 30
- NIS seeking to form Asian cooperative body to counter drug crimes
- PM envisions Busan World Expo's role in sharing 'rise from ashes' experience
- 윤희숙 "20여년 억대 연봉 송영길이 돈 없다? 못된 버릇 때문"
- Ampers&one hopes to seep into listeners’ hearts with positive music
- Global asset firms flock to Jeonju to woo pension giant
- KB approves of Yang Jong
- SK hynix wins 2023 R&D 100 Awards
- First snow of winter falls in Seoul
- Han Kang says her historical novels were a literary resistance against violence
- ‘Concrete Utopia,’ ‘Moving’ sweep 59th Daejong Film Awards
- 'Fuerza Bruta Wayra' returns to Seoul
- Woman faces prosecution after demanding marriage from V
- Chinese beer imports plunge amid Tsingtao scandal
- Yoon calls for enhancing connectivity of world economy with APEC at center
- EBS' new nature doc to explore symbiotic relationship between nature and humanity
- LG to debut EV chargers in US next year
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- Biden, Xi's 'blunt' talks yield deals on military, fentanyl
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector
- Yoon attends IPEF summit to discuss regional economic collaboration
- LG celebrates 1st baseball championship in 29 years with discounts