AmCham reaffirms Korea
简介The American Chamber of Commerce in Korea said Wednesday that its delegation successfully concluded ...
The American Chamber of Commerce in Korea said Wednesday that its delegation successfully concluded the three-day trip to Washington from Oct. 24-26, as part of its annual business promotion program it calls “Doorknock.”
Over the course of three days, the delegation reaffirmed bilateral ties the two countries have established over the last seven decades, convening with key government officials of the Joe Biden administration as well as members of the US Congress.
It also held over 30 meetings with key figures of the US Department of Commerce, Department of State, Customs and Border Protection, Office of the US Trade Representative and White House, among others.
The 70th anniversary of the US-South Korean alliance was stressed especially during a luncheon hosted by South Korean Ambassador to the US Cho Hyun-dong.
The delegation also explored the next stage for the economic partnership and diverse cooperation opportunities in a meeting with the White House’s Indo-Pacific coordinator Kurt Campbell, the main highlight of the trip.
In particular, it secured resounding support from Campbell in promoting South Korea as a central hub in Asia, under the US-led Indo-Pacific Economic Framework.
“This year’s visit has undeniably been an inspiring demonstration of the steadfast trust and partnership between the two countries. It reflects the robust strength of our friendship and solidifies the foundation for the next 70 years of our bilateral economic cooperation,” AmCham Korea Chairman and CEO James Kim assessed.
AmCham added that this year's Doorknock program was further enriched by the participation of prominent Korean firms including Hyundai Motor Group, Kia and Posco, along with key officials from global tech firms including Google and Amazon Web Service.
Additionally, starting next year, it plans to expand the Doorknock program, specifically targeting South Korean companies, by including visits to individual US states.
구병삼 통일부 대변인이 8일 오전 서울 종로구 정부서울청사에서 열린 정례브리핑에서 취재진 질문에 답하고 있다. 연합뉴스통일부가 8일 북한이 2016년 2월 전면 폐쇄된 개성공단 내 ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol's approval rating rose for the second consecutive week to 36.8 percent, ...
South Korea and Indonesia, marking the 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties this year, are seeking to ...
SK carries out complete reshuffle of top brass
Cold weather arrives after nationwide rain
[Bills in Focus] Broader offshore financial support, mobility regulatory sandbox
[Herald Review] Music Festival Pohang stands strong without conductor or chairs
Antenna concert series mixes music, art and cocktails
S. Korea, Thailand to work to resolve entry denial claims
- Another search targets opposition leader in corruption probe
- Korean defense firms head to Egypt defense expo to expand market presence
- BTS to open new chapter after military service
- 'Making economy more dynamic a top priority': finance minister nominee
- 'Violent crimes induced by noise disputes increased tenfold since 2016'
- S. Korea's economy grows 0.6% in Q3, unchanged from earlier estimate
- [Herald Interview] Zion.T aims to rebrand with new LP ‘Zip’
- [Korean History] Deadly sinking of Navy ship in 2010 marks worst postwar military disaster
- Experts forecast US
- Requirements for zoo licenses set to be toughened
- N. Korea to close its embassy in Uganda: report
- Braving wind and high water to celebrate Dokdo Day
- [Today’s K
- Seoul shares snap 3
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- Book records testimonies of bereaved families, survivors of Itaewon tragedy
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- Eximbank holds workshop on development financing
- [사진] 빈 살만 운전 자청, 윤 대통령 동행
- 22 busking stages set up at Han River parks
- 4 North Koreans cross maritime border, say want to defect
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- [From the Scene] Don't remember Itaewon alley as place of death, victims' families say
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- Maestro Semyon Bychkov breaks silence on Israel–Hamas war
- [Herald Interview] Kim Gi
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"