[Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
简介Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan ...
Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan Theatre's theatrical rendition of the classic character meets audiences with the haunting specter of dating violence.
Seoul Metropolitan Theatre Artistic Director Koh Sun-woong undertook the adaptation of “Carmen” to reevaluate the character in a new light and to deliver a powerful message: Obsession is not love.
Based on Prosper Merimee's 1845 novella and Bizet's opera libretto, the original narrative unfolds in 19th-century Seville, Spain, where a young corporal named Don Jose is to marry his demure fiancee, Micaela. Then he encounters the free-spirited, untamed gypsy woman Carmen, and falls deeply in love with her. Carmen, however, becomes entangled with the bullfighter Escamillo, leading Don Jose to make tragic choices driven by jealousy.
South Korea's culture minister plans to meet Vatican officials in Italy this week to discuss bi ...
윤석열 대통령이 6일 오후 서울 용산 대통령실 청사에서 열린 중장 진급·보직 신고 및 삼정검 수치 수여식에서 곽종근 특수전사령관에게 삼정검 수치를 수여하고 있다. 사진 대통령실윤석 ...
Members of Samsung Group's owning family are set to sell nearly 2.6 trillion won ($2 billion) w ...
- 'The Glory' notches two accolades at AACA including best drama series award
- Daewoong aims to reshape obesity market with patch
- Govt. push to exempt doctors from medical error responsibility stirs debate
- 'Oh, Jejudo' by Hyun Ki
- Comedian Yang Se
- Former justice minister hints at parliamentary bid as 'nonlegal' route for redemption
LG Energy Solution to supply EV battery modules to Poland's ICPT
Over 90 pct of cattle vaccinated against lumpy skin disease
Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
NK activity increases at Panmunjom after inter
SK Bioscience ramps up global cooperation to improve public health
- Artifacts with inaccurate information removed from Korean exhibition in Germany
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs
- [KH Explains] Tesla ditching its premium strategy?
- Samsung unveils next
- 43 films to premiere at Seoul International Pride Film Festival
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- Hyundai Elevator wins Good Design Award 2023
- [Photo News] Mt. Seorak welcomes first snow of the season
- BTS’ Jungkook features The Kid Laroi’s new single 'Too Much’
- Exports up 4.6% during first 20 days of October
- FNC's new boy group Ampers&One debuts with energetic, youthful single
- S. Korea, US revise deterrence strategy amid growing NK threats
- S. Korea, US, Japan reaffirm cooperation
- Samsung Bioepis to develop MSD's Keytruda biosimilar
- Animal shelter busted for killing and burying hundreds of pets
- [KH explains] Chinese battery makers gobbling up Korean rivals’ European market share
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- BNK Busan Bank to pilot English
- Why Suneung is always on a Thursday
- N. Korea tests newly developed solid
- Finance minister calls for reenactment of corporate restructuring act
- Soyeon, Winter, Liz's collaborative song 'Nobody' comes out Thursday
- Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies
- Google offers data residency for Korean corporate clients
- Yoon set to depart for San Francisco to attend APEC summit
- Food trade agency launches global low
- Russian delegation arrives in Pyongyang for trade, science talks: KCNA
- [Korean History] In 2005, science world’s biggest scandal unravels in Seoul
- Posco International to build modular factory in Ukraine
- N. Korea 'satisfied' with tests of solid